Yield: 4 Ramekins
Whilst it isn’t the first flavour pairing (sorry, I couldn’t help it) that comes to mind, it is a sweet and subtle one that should probably be used more often.
These little desserts are sweet and warming, especially as the weather cools down. The softened pear and gooey chocolate will not disappoint you.
3oz Caster sugar
3oz Self-raising flour
¼tsp baking powder
4 small pears
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC/350F
2. Lightly butter four ramekins.
3. Cream together butter and sugar until blended. Beat in the eggs in slowly a little bit at a time. Then add the cocoa and beat again.
4.Quickly fold in flour and baking powder.
5. Divide mixture between the four ramekins.
6. Finally Cut base off each pear, making it stable. Press a pear into the middle of each ramekin and bake in the oven for 16 minutes.