You could eat a cookie. Then you could eat a Rolo. Or you could even put them both in you mouth at the same time. But this post is on a whole other level. Chocolate cookie with a melted, chewy rolo centre. There is nothing to dislike. I first made this recipe when I moved to London as a house warming present for well um, myself. It’s a crowd pleaser and all of the people in your who aren’t addicted to food blogs with find this novel.
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cocoa
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Bag of Rolo candies, unwrapped
Sugar (for rolling the cookie dough balls in)
1. Preheat oven to 190C/375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
2. In a bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.
3. With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
4. Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and blend well. Take a spoonful of chocolate cookie dough and wrap around one Rolo candy. Make sure Rolo is completely covered with cookie dough. Roll dough ball in sugar and place on prepared baking sheet. Continue until you run out of cookie dough.
5. Bake cookies for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.